Once Lark got to our house we were still trying to reach Rachel, the midwife; she would need at least a half hour to get to th hospital. We finally reached her and she was already at the hospital delivering her third baby of the night. So, at 12:45 we walked into the hospital. I was just hoping they wouldn't send us home (which was pretty silly since contractions were less than 2 minutes apart now). When Rachel checked me I was at a 7, fully effaced-they weren't going to send me home:). I was able to get into the jacuzzi and at 1:20, Theron called my mom to come to the hospital. She called back at 1:30 trying to find an open door into the hospital, but right then my water broke and Theron had to hand the phone to a nurse. I thought I knew what it would feel like when I was supposed to push, but it all happened so fast that I kind of freaked out. When my water broke I knew that something had changed. Rachel asked me to describe it, but I couldn't. Finally I realized I had to push, so she pulled the plug on the tub and they rushed me into the delivery room. I'm not sure what happened, but Rachel was not able to get a heartbeat on the baby. She tried to get a moniter on the head, but it wouldn't work so she just told me to push hard. My mom got into the room right before Lydia was born at 1:40 a.m. I got to hold her as Rachel cut the cord, but then I gave her to the nurses. They cleared her airways and finally she cried!
Logan wasn't too interested at first, but here he has pushed the ottoman over to get a better look. One time I was changing her and she was crying. He climbed up and patted her head saying, "ok, ok."
6 comments:
I was looking at someone else blog and happened to click on you blog off to the side. Congrats on the new baby girl!! Lydia Jane is an adorable name. Having the baby in your arms makes everything in the last 9 months worth it!
Congratulations Heidi! (and Theron too!) We are happy for you and are glad that things went well.
Aww! How sweet! I LOVE her name, so does Jon! Congrats sweetie!! She is absolutely beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing your story!
What a lovely story. You Barnes women with your amazing capacity to labor quickly. I'm slightly jealous, but mostly happy for you.
I love birthing stories! I can't get enough of the details. Thanks for cheering me up tonight. Lydia is just beautiful! I LOVE her name! (Are you planning on L names for all your kids? Just wondering.) It appears to me, that she looks a lot like Daddy. (But I could be wrong. I am terrible at that.)
Don't you just love how instinctual it is for kids to nurture babies. I love the part about Logan soothing her during her diaper change. So very sweet! We are so very happy for you guys.
She is so cute! Congratulations!!
Congratulations! Cash was exactly the same weight and length. Unfortunately it took him a lot (and I mean A LOT) longer to make an appearance!!!! Can't wait to meet Lydia in person!
Post a Comment