Thursday, April 24, 2008

In Transition

So close, yet so far away! That is where everything seems to be right now. Our house is finished except the driveway/sidewalk/garage, carpet, and some minor fixes. The appliances were delivered last week and are still sitting in the living room. The plumber is finished except for a little thing called water pressure (he has to cap off a pipe outside-I think he's waiting for the sidewalk) The cabinet guy is finished except for some shelves he forgot to put in, etc., etc. Our contracter has been amazing up until this month. We're so close! That's the biggest frustration-we don't have that much left. (I just walked by a window a minute ago and it's snowing outside. Of course, the cement guy put off our house until today-there's no way he'll work on it now!) There are probably a lot of people laughing at me right now, saying, "what did you expect? Did you really think you could build a house in 4 months?" I suppose if we weren't trying to get the papers signed before we leave for the summer and things hadn't been going so smoothly, I would have a piece of that humble pie. But we are and they have, so for now I'll just rant.

No comments: