Saturday, May 18, 2013

Hunter is 9 months old!

So, I was going to try to catch up with Christmas, our trip to Rexburg, our move, and our trip to Disneyland, but it just hasn't happened yet so I need to move forward. I hope to add those later, but this poor boy has no journal! I have really been trying to enjoy every moment with this little monkey. Hunter is already 9 months old and is pretty fun to have around. Right now:
  • He has 2 bottom teeth. They came in within 2 days of each other and he seemed more bothered by them after they ruptured. 
  • The top middle teeth are so close to coming in. This time there is noticeable drooling happening.
  • Hasn't figured out how to crawl with is arms extended but is getting quite fast with the army crawl. His newest trick is pushing himself up to a sitting position.
  • He has started to protest getting into his car seat. Once he get going he settles down, though.
  • Loves watching Logan & Lydia. They can get the best giggles out of him.
  • Loves to play in the jumperoo. So far he has been the most entertained by all of the toys on it. He twists around to get different views and reaches up for the other toys that Logan & Lydia never noticed as babies.
  • When he gets really excited he pumps both arms up and down like he is going to take off flying.
  • Likes to match the pitch of Lydia's squeals.
  • He loves the swing at the park!
  • He loves to pull my hair (or anyone's hair) and grab at faces. I'm sure this is normal, but the two canker sores in my mouth are definitely from him and need to be mentioned.
  • At six months I was going to take him to get his picture taken so I told him he'd better learn to sit up. I put him down to try and what do you know-he could sit pretty well! 
  • We get comments all the time about how round his head is.
  • I guess he doesn't look as heavy as he feels. Theron's family started calling him "Tank" in DLand.
  • He can drink with a straw.
  • He has always loved to catch people's eye and smile at them. Everyone at church thinks he is just the happiest baby. Sometimes he plays shy by putting his head on my shoulder but I think that only happens when new people come to our house. He does not have stranger wariness yet.
All in all he has been a pretty good baby. Most of the time he sleeps 12 hours or so at night and takes 2 or 3  hour-long naps during the day. He is definitely attached to me but doesn't cry when I leave the room unless he is hungry or tired. Logan & Lydia still adore him and don't get upset when I need to take care of him or he pulls their hair. They are very patient with him and are always watching out for him. Lydia loves to wipe his spit up and pick up any potential choking hazards. Logan often asks to get a smile from Hunter before bed. I know I am so blessed to have 3 amazing, healthy kids!

No comments: