Friday, July 20, 2012

Projects

 First, the picture I know you're all dying to see-me at 38 weeks. Logan took this for me yesterday just so I could share it with all of you. My midwife measured my belly and quickly said, "these numbers don't really mean anything." Haha I am at the point when my babies start packing on the pounds. I have had two store checkers ask me if I'm sure its not twins and lots of people gasp when I tell them how much longer. Hopefully he will come close to his due date, but I'm not holding my
 breath because Lydia came 6 days after.
Now onto my projects. I decided pregnancy is a great time to get stuff done because you have this due date in your head that all things have to be done by. I got this headboard for my birthday. I found it on Craigslist and the girl I bought it from said she had planned to redo it but didn't have the heart. She actually had it by her bed for a year with that nasty yellow velvet. The buttons were turning brown and I can't even imagine taking that into the house. It is king-sized in the hopes that someday we will upgrade. I ripped out all the buttons and tore off all the velvet and all this nasty yellow sand was all over my garage but I plugged on. It looks so much better now with a coat of white paint!
I am planning on reupholstering it with white fabric, but I need an electric knife to cut the foam to shape and a staple gun that actually pushes the staples all the way in. So it sits in my garage for now.
The next phase of my bedroom refurnishing project will hopefully be this: an armoir with 2 matching nightstands we are going to check out tonight (another Craigslist find). Hopefully it won't look too heavy in the room with the headboard. I know I want to pain the nightstands yellow and glaze the edges dark like this room. Yup I am jumping on the grey & yellow bandwagon. Problem for right now is that our master bedroom (rental home)  is painted yellow so my painting will have to wait.

Baby projects: in no particular order.
Changing pad cover. The other one I had was white terrycloth and I never used it. This is ultra cuddle fabric from Joann's so hopefully it will clean up well.

Baby quilt. I started and finished this in May and I wasn't sure I loved it, but pulling it out again I think that I do. Most of the fabrics I bought back when I was making Logan's baby quilt but decided not to use.

Minkee blankets. Yeah I made two in the hopes that these will be his favorite and I will be prepared.

Blessing outfit. I bought a men's shirt and used it for the fabric because I couldn't find anything interesting at the fabric store. Still needs button holes, but my machine won't do them.
Blessing shoes. You can see the fabric a little better in this pic. Hopefully they will fit him well.



And last but not least, the kids' 4th of July tee shirts. I also mad Lydia's skirt. I will post more 4th pics later, Theron has a bunch on his phone.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Awesome update - thanks.

Jess said...

Oh Heidi, you make laugh and feel better about myself. I have had several people say to me, "any day now, right." Then try to hide their surprised looks when I told them 6 more weeks. Well at least it is five weeks now. Love the projects, makes me wish I was more ambitious.