Thursday, August 19, 2010

Miss Lydia 9 months

Lydia has been so much fun! She loves to laugh and smile and gets especially excited around other kids. She is quite entertained watching other kids play. She loves to follow Logan around and play with his toys. We've taken her swimming a couple of times and she loves the water. At Rigby lake she could reach the ground and push herself around in her floatie. She doesn't even mind when she splashes water in her face.

Lydia is very attached to her mommy. She cries when I pass through a room without picking her up. She will crawl over to me and pull herself up. Its really sweet, but sometimes I pick her up and she just wants back down. She does not like to sit still! Once she learned to crawl it didn't take long for her to figure out how to come and find me wherever I go in the house. Yesterday I was quilting and she found my feet under the quilt. (these 2 smaller pics were taken by my cousin Emily in June)

This face goes along with the sniffing noise. She does it when she's being silly, or is frusterated with something. She is just starting to do it back at you though. She thinks she's pretty funny.

Messy rag-a-muffin! I never thought much of this term, but it is so fitting! Lydia is a very good eater. She will take just about anything I give her. She's always had a strong gag reflex so I do worry, but she started taking Logan's pretzel sticks and church and has done pretty well.

I took this one today at the park. See that little tooth? She has two-one on top and one on bottom-they're on the same side and she loves to grind them together.
At her nine month check-up, she weighed 18.2 lbs (4o%), is 27.8 inches long (59%) and has a 17.8 inch head circumference (81%- its all that hair, I swear!) She can crawl, pull herself up, and feed herself crackers, (and pretzels), she still wakes one a night to eat, and takes two or three naps a day.
Some people say she looks like her daddy, others say she looks just like me. I think she's a good combination, but the other day she made a face that reminded me of a picture of myself. Some of my old high school friends might remember it from a trip to Salt Lake...
She's a little pill, but we sure do love her!

2 comments:

Jess said...

What a cute, sweet little girl. She is absolutely adorable.

Marinda said...

She is so cute! Too bad we haven't seen you guys forever. Now about that face she makes....