Saturday, May 31, 2008

9 Months Old

Logan is such a fun little guy! We really enjoy having him around. People are always commenting non his pretty blue eyes and one guy even told me he was "cute enough to be a baby model!" One of the teachers at the high school said he was the most intelligent-looking baby she'd ever seen.

He is a great napper & has (mostly) slept through the night since 4 1/2 months. One of our favorite things is getting Logan out of his crib because he is so excited to see us that he kicks his legs, waves his arms, & jabbers loudly, smiling the whole time.

I read once that babies will likely enjoy foods that their mommies ate before they were born, but two of Logan's favorites are peas & prunes: two foods I NEVER eat.






He doesn't crawl yet, but when he is sitting up he will pull himself forward onto his tummy. That's about the only time he ever gets his legs underneath himself. This is a recently learned trick, so I know he'll crawl eventually. He's just a mellow guy. Last night at the game he only cried once-when Theron scared him-then promptly went to sleep in my arms.


My parents say that he's an 'easy' baby and I mostly agree with them. Not so much when he wakes up in the middle of the night screaming bloody murder. It's hard to get him to wake up and realize he's okay so he can go back to sleep. Also, around 5 months, he suddenly "forgot" how to suck on a nipple. He would just push it around with his tongue and chew on it. After trying a few different things, I turned to EBay. NUK used to make nibbles similar to the shape of their pacifiers, but now the only place to find them is EBay. Happily, it only took him an hour or so to realize that he could suck on it and that the formula wasn't so bad. Now whenever he hears me shaking it up he gets excited.
Wow this is a long post for me, but I just wanted to share what I love about Logan. It is nice that I can sit him on the floor with his toys and he can be occupied for a while. It is nice that he's learning to hold his bottle by himself and get it back in his mouth when it pops out. And it is especially nice that he loves to cuddle. It is just nice having him around.
We love you Logan!

3 comments:

Alison and Troy said...

Awww! Logan is sooo cute! He's growing up and learning fast! I miss all three of you and I always get way excited when you update your blog especially when they are long :D.

Emily said...

He is so adorable! I don't know what it's like to have a mellow baby, but it sounds like a blast. He fell asleep at a baseball game - amazing! And his eyes really are to die for.

Jewel-e said...

9 months already?! Wow! What a cute boy! And what a fun idea to post a pic of you and Theron at that age! Hope you guys are having fun in CA!